That’s now the primary focus here at James Law: defending the rights and liberties of those who’ve been accused of crimes. Although I still maintain a civil-litigation practice, focused generally on real-estate and contractual disputes and claims where others have been defrauded, this firm devotes 90% of its attention to criminal litigation, both at the trial and appellate level.
James Law is a one-stop shop for criminal-defense representation both in the trial and appellate courts.
- Pre-complaint investigation & negotiation
- Bond hearings
- Preliminary hearings
- Formal arraignment
- Motions practice
- Trials (from summary offenses to homicide)
- Post-sentence motions
- Bond pending appeal
- Petition for Review
- Notice of Appeal
- Record preservation and review
- 1925(b) Statement of Errors
- Appellate briefs
- Reproduction of records
- Oral Argument
- Petitions for Allowance of Appeal
- Amicus briefs
- PCRAs (post-conviction relief petitions)
In my practice, as well, I frequently advise other lawyers regarding appellate issues and appellate practice.