Ready. That’s the word that defines Ryan James, the founder of James Law, LLC. Less than a year out of law school, Ryan founded James Law from the spare room of his home located in McKeesport, Pennsylvania because he was eager to make a difference and to help others.
Determined to pursue practical and meaningful results for as many people as he could, the scope of Ryan’s earlier engagements were far reaching, landing him in any court available to pursue justice on behalf of his clients. Ryan criss-crossed Pennsylvania and handled a variety of matters early on, opposing parties like municipalities and public utilities, universities and dioceses, and large and small businesses, be it contractors, insurance companies, or real-estate agencies to name a few.
It didn’t take long for Ryan to be recognized for his work. Local newspapers twice named Ryan as the Readers’ Choice “Best Attorney.” Since then, Ryan has persisted diligently on behalf of his clients, often obtaining successful outcomes such as in these representative matters.
Truly, Ryan’s passion for people drives his commitment to excellence. It’s that passion, too, that has also committed Ryan to give his time as a volunteer attorney with the Neighborhood Legal Services Association and the federal district court; to serve as an arbitrator in the Allegheny County Court of Common Pleas; and to serve as his community’s former solicitor.
Outside of his practice and community involvement, however, Ryan can generally be found in South Park Township where he resides with his wife, Kristen, their son, Oake, and their two boxers, Lucy and Gunner. In their spare time, both enjoy traveling, sporting events, and the company of their family and friends.
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- Thomas M. Cooley Law School, J.D., magna cum laude
- Law Review, Managing Assoc. Ed.; National Moot Court Team
President’s Achievement Award
Distinguished Student Award
John D. Voelker Award
The Fitzgerald Award
The Earl Dayton Award
- Allegheny College, B.A., cum laude
- Alden Scholar
- Michigan Supreme Court
- Allegheny County Bar Association, Member
- Solo/Small Firm Section, Fmr. Vice-Chair
- Young Lawyers Division
- Planning Ahead Committee
- State Bar of Michigan
- Pennsylvania Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Center for Plain Language (Board Member)
- East McKeesport Zoning Hearing Board (Solicitor)
- Borough of White Oak, Pa. (Fmr. Solicitor)
Honors and Awards
- 2018 Super Lawyers, Pennsylvania Rising Stars list
- 2018 The National Trial Lawyers, Top 40 Under 40 Criminal Lawyers (Pennsylvania)
- 2015 Readers’ Choice (Silver Award) Winner-“Best Attorney,” Trib Total Media
- 2014 Readers’ Choice (Gold Award) Winner-“Best Attorney,” The Daily News
- 2013 Pittsburgh’s 50 Finest, Whirl Magazine/Cystic Fibrosis Foundation (W.Pa.)